Want to earn some extra money? 6 ways to earn money online&
New Delhi: We all have been forced to take the digital way of life these days, whether we like it or not. Now with companies shifting to WFH policy and the obvious domination of the Internet, many of us are working from home. But if you currently have no or little work, you can too take to the Net to earn money or supplement already existing income.
- Freelancing: Freelancing has always been a popular way to earn money online and the Internet has several options. There are several websites offering freelance tasks for people with varying skills. All you need to do is to create an account, browse through the listings, and apply for the task that suits you. Some websites may even require you to create a personal listing with the details of your skillset, so that interested clients can contact you directly.
- Teaching Online: If you are an expert in a particular subject, you can earn by tutoring people online. Online tutoring provides a means to connect online with students of all ages, across the country to provide homework help and tutoring in the subjects for which you have demonstrated expertise.
- Website designing: Not all business owners are tech savvy but the need of the hour is to have a website of their own. Those who have a knack for all things- tech, especially related to websites, can help small businesses set up their own websites and earn from it. Coding and web designing are the essential ingredients in setting up websites. Further, websites need maintenance and may require frequent updates, which may add to one’s revenue.
- Blogging: It starts with a hobby, interest, and passion, and soon blogging becomes a career option for many bloggers. There are a number of full-time bloggers. There are two ways to start a blog: you can either create a blog through WordPress or Tumblr, which requires no investment, or go for a self-hosted blog.
- Content writing: Online platforms can be a good starting point. Depending on the quality of the articles, one gets paid. One may be asked to work upon articles with specific guidelines as well. Develop a niche in your area of expertise and build strength in that domain to increase the revenue stream.
- Social media strategist: In addition to interacting with friends and strangers, social networking platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat can be used to make money. Companies and brands pay social media strategists to further boost the popularity of their products. With lots of competition around and the constantly shortening of attention time of online viewers, creativity is essential to create posts, videos etc that can go viral quickly and enhance the brand value. Remember, social media needs dedicated time and energy to stay relevant. Hence, you need to share posts regularly and interact with your followers on a regular basis.
India’s top entrepreneurial platform recognises the best SMEs, MSMEs and Startups of the year. Watch Leaders of Tomorrow Season 8 eAwards on 13th of September 2020, 5pm onwards on Times Network.